Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Friday 20 January 2012

Horrible Weather & A Spot of Retail Therapy

The weather here is atrocious today, and I have been dashing too and from the car taking Louis to college and back again and trying not to get soaked.  I am constantly dealing with five very bored Pugs and their muddy feet...please roll on Spring time!  Apart from the weather chaos I have making a few little purchases not only for my many collections but also for the fairs I have booked for this year.  I have listed them on the side bar the ones that are booked so far.


I recently purchased this beautiful antique Toile quilt, more of a topper really than a large quilt.


I think it was once more of an aubergine colour but has now faded over the years.  It does have some damage but considering it's age it is in pretty good condition.


I love this little vignette of the small child with the dog.


A beautiful vintage bridal head dress and veil.  I have collected quite a lot of vintage bridal items ready for the fairs.


I found this sweet little French glass trinket box in an antique shop locally.


Clarissa is modelling one of my latest ballet crowns I have bought.  It is very intricately made from sparkly stones that catch the light and silver wire.


So beautifully made.


Another beautiful ballet crown.  This one is more rigid but still very intricately made.


Rose pink ballet pointe shoes SORRY SOLD


Lilac ballet pointe shoes to match my lilac tutu.


Another pair of rose pink ballet pointe shoes, I may be persuaded to part with one of the pairs! I am waiting for a couple more parcels so there will be more to show you when they arrive.  I am really looking forward to the fairs this year and taking my new treasures with me.
 I hope the weather improves for us all and have a lovely weekend.
Jo xx


7 comments:

  1. How beautiful. I love several of your items. The tiera is stunning!! Your toile bed spread is precious too.

    Wishing you a great weekend

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crowns are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, I love your toile quilt.. in fact I am pretending I haven't seen it!
    As for the different coloured ballet shoes....you certainly find some unusual things, they are wonderful.
    Have a great weekend,
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, your toile quilt is just beautiful! I love toile, there's just something special about it isn't there?

    All your ballet items are so pretty, and your wedding veils are divine!
    Have you got any vintage wedding fairs booked for this year? They seem quite popular now don't they?
    Poor little pugs :o) They'll be out gallavanting in the spring sunshine soon hopefully ;o)

    Hope you have a happy weekend my dear, take care lovely Jo,
    Love n hugs,
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous treasures Jo...what a dream life you lead...The lilac ballet points are soooooo beautiful.
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found your blog through Heather of Hellish Designs. you have a fine collection of such truely wonderful treasures. I have absolutely fallen in love with the rose ballet slippers featured in the post above. You menchion you may be persuaded to part with a pair?! How realistic is this and if so how might I persuade you?! Thank you and I look forward to seeing more of your delightful finds! (p.s you can contact me by email, littlemandesigns@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Further to seeing all your lovely items and seeing you have exhibited at the Vintage Bazaar, I wonder if you would be interested in having a table at our Vintage Handmade British Fair on May 5th at Corsham Town Hall. The tables are 6ft and cost £15 each. Entry costs £1 for adults and 50p for OAPs and children. We have lined up a ceramicist to do crafts with the children and will be selling teas, coffees, cakes and hot dogs.

    We would love for you to be there so if you think this would be of interest, or indeed know of anyone else who would like to join us, then please do get in touch.

    Kind regards

    Kirstin & Jackie
    The Vintage Handmade British Fair

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx