Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Sunday 24 January 2010

Isn't she beautiful?

This is one of my new acquisitions. Hubby and I have had a day of shopping for lots of vintage naughties!! I saw this vintage 1930's mannequin and had to do a lot of grovelling to get hubby to part with the contents of his wallet, but wasn't she worth it, I am totally in love with her and can't wait to take her to vintage fairs to decorate my stall.
We had a fab afternoon out at Barn Antiques Centre near Stratford Upon Avon where I am always guaranteed to find such wonderful treasures. There are lots of different dealers under one roof, all selling lovely antique and vintage finds to suit all budgets. One stall holder deals in French painted furniture and vintage French textiles (and I have had the pleasure of meeting her, such a lovely lady), her stall is to die for!! I bought the Toile de Jouy fabric that you can see in the picture and a gorgeous quilted cushion from her. The major problem is this, I am meant to be buying these things to sell on my website and also to make my homespun items from the vintage fabrics that I find!! This is easier said than done when you have a habit like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx