Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Monday 28 February 2011

French Fancies!!

I am feeling a little better this week after so much sadness last week after losing Scamp.  Thank you to all of you who left such lovely comforting messages about Scamp, it was lovely to read them and they helped a great deal.....thank you.  The problem is we are all animal lovers and when we lose one it is like losing a member of the family.  On a happier note I received a lovely parcel from France this morning....I was so excited.  A few weeks ago I managed to win a couple of items from Shirley at Simply Chateau.  Her items are so popular and coveted on Ebay that I didn't think I would get either of them, but I somehow managed.


Absolutely gorgeous shabby chic roses...I am in love with this fabric and couldn't bear to part with it.  It is in wonderful condition and to die for.


Gorgeous antique wicker basket wrapped in the most delicious faded French textile and carefully stitched in place...Scrummy!!  I am going to use this at fairs to display small items in, it is absolutely exquisite.  I can't wait to meet Shirley and perhaps make a couple more naughty purchases from her stand at Vintage at the Village Hall on May the 9th.


The entire basket is swathed in this gorgeous confection...almost good enough to eat.  


I also bought this absolutely stunning antique parasol from Shirley's daughter who trades on Ebay under the name Passionately Paris.  It is made from the most delicate floral fabric and still in good working order although I have photographed it down as I don't want to strain the mechanism too much.  I cannot resist these beautiful feminine French textiles.


Oh Yes!!  I have added yet another advertising mannequin to the collection.


I'll leave you with a picture of  some flowers Andy treated me to and my gorgeous Clarissa who is going to be helping me model hats and vintage clothing at the antique textile fair next weekend in Manchester.  I am also busy getting ready for the Vintage Jumble on Saturday and meeting a few fellow bloggers for the first time.  Have a wonderful week whatever you are doing.
Jo xx

8 comments:

  1. OOOoo.. that fabric looks gorgeous Jo!
    I can get to see the basket then when you go to Pamphill:0) Your brolly looks absolutley gorgeous too.
    Pleased you're all feeling a bit better.
    Have a good week Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous rose fabric! And lovely brolly. Clarissa is very stylish!! See you on Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful fabric! And your ladies are lovely! Glad to hear you are feeling a little better - it must be very hard honey! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have fabric envy! Shirley always finds such lovely textiles in France. A beautiful vase of flowers too, I hope they cheered you up a bit after such a sad week.
    Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you.... I love it all. Good luck for Manchester, judging from the things you've found, I'm sure you'll do well x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely things from Shirley...I love that basket, it is going to be great for display at your forthcoming Fairs.
    Hope your weekend is a good one....you are going to be very busy trundling up and down the country in your little green van!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful goodies as always, the parasol is gorgeous, glad you are feeling a bit happier Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. such beautiful fabrics, i love flowers so pretty, the linning on the basket is gorg and i adore that little parasol another beauty to. have a good week, dee x

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx