Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Monday 1 March 2010

Derby Vintage fair


Here is my stall at the Affordable vintage fair I attended in Derby yesterday. It is the first fair I have ever done and it was a resounding success. I met some really lovely people, both stall holders and buyers. It is great to meet so many like minded people that all love vintage. It was also great to see so many young students dressed in a mixture of 40's, 50's and 60's vintage clothing. One young girl looked like a film star from the 40's, she looked fabulous. It is really heart warming to see these young people with such a passion for old items.
I remember my teenage years when I was a Mod (a 60's one) during the Mod revival in the 80's. I remember fishing around in charity shops, much to the disgust of my parents, for original 60's clothing. I had some lovely mini dresses and skirts (I also had the figure then). Unfortunately the only survivor of my Mod days is my beloved fish tail Parka, an original 1951 genuine American Army Parka. I love it and will never part with it. I am surprised to still have it intact as my parents made frantic attempts to part me from it. It is now safely stored away.
Back to the fair for a moment, I met a lovely lady who asked me if I would do a charity fair she is holding, so I am attending that one in May. There is also a craft fair called 'Apples and Pears' in Nottingham and I am making enquiries into attending one of their fairs in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx