Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Thursday 1 April 2010

Weekend away


We were very lucky to win the 'Period Living' readers awards for the best room make over last year. Our bathroom was featured in the February 2010 issue. We couldn't believe that our bathroom won the competition, we only entered for a laugh and didn't think we stood a chance. Naomi the features editor and Brent the photographer came to photograph the room and stayed to have lunch with us. I know it sounds silly but I have dreamt of having my home in one of those magazines. As part of our prize we won a weekend away in a 'Handpicked Hotel'. They have hotels across the country. We chose a 12th century moated manor house in Sutton Coldfield called Newhall. It wasn't far for us to go, but it was the hotel that really stood out because of it's history. It was absolutely stunning.

1 comment:

  1. oh you are so lucky a feature in a magazine and a holiday it looks a beautiful place

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx