Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Sunday 13 March 2011

Huge Gladstone

I have just become the proud owner of a rather large Gladstone bag.  As you all know I have a penchant for conker brown leather luggage and after a visit to the Brackley Antiques Centre in Northamptonshire I came away with this rather fab and extremely large Gladstone.


Goodness only knows how someone carried the thing once it was packed as it is so heavy when it is empty.


To give you an idea of the size I have placed my other large Gladstone next to it.


It is rather gorgeous and we are currently in the process of cleaning and feeding the leather to bring back the lustre it once had without of course spoiling its patina of age.  I am keeping it but am going to part with the other large Gladstone that was in the picture to justify it to myself.  Am off to an antiques centre in Leek Staffordshire this morning...will let you know if I come up with any other goodies.  Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend.
Jo xx

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, I do love Gladstones! They are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jo, the patina is lovely. Good luck with the treasure hunting this morning, I am sure you will find something to-die-for, have a good one, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you the gladstone is gorgeous and now you have two!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooo the bag is wonderful and I would not be able to part with it either! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo
    I had one just like it in size, different colour though that I had visions of using for travelling but I always worried about using it, I had it for years and in the end sold it, without using it!!!
    See you soon.....
    T X

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a coincidence, me finding a similar gladstone-style suitcase too! I really adore yours, the handles and closure are so full of character! Re. your post on my blog, the black-based floral quilt may be for sale at some point, but not yet... If I decide I|can bear to part with it I shall let you know! Lois xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jo - great bag! Thanks for your comment on mine - the Malvern info is on - http://www.edinburghantiquesfair.co.uk/
    Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats fabulous.. no wonder you had to bring it home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful bag. I had a lovely one for sale on my website years ago. It had been owned by a French plumber for him to use to show samples. It had his name etc. on the luggage label and I wish I had kept it. I sold it but Royal Mail managed to lose it as it was never delivered. I've never seen one with the straps around it too.
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful bag....definitely a keeper!
    I think we will have to call you Mary Poppins from now on...Gladstone bag and parrot bag....do you have an umbrella by any chance?
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe you could carry the pugs in it??

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOooo..I love both these bags...and yes, your new gladstone does look enormous:0)

    Hope you had fun at the Antiques centre...can't wait to see what you came home with.

    have a great week Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have just found your blog - what a wonderful bag! Speaking of Leek - I had an antiques shop there some years ago - hope you found good things.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx