Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Thursday 9 June 2011

Tough Times!

Thank you everyone who left such wonderful messages on my last post about my Grandad, they were much appreciated and I will admit to shedding a few tears at your kind comments.  I don't usually write about such personal things on my Blog, I like to keep it up beat and away from all the horrible things that happen in life.  But I will admit that recently I have been finding it increasingly hard to keep up beat about everything.  I won't bore you with the details but life has been a little difficult lately with lots of negative things happening, and although I am eternally grateful that I live in such a beautiful cottage with a wonderful family and have very little to moan about in my life I have been finding it difficult to cope lately.  I unfortunately suffer from depression and anxiety problems....Andy calls it 'My Black Dog' as it mirrors the melancholia my hero Sir Winston Churchill suffered.  My Black Dog has definitely been very vocal of late and I feel like I just want to shut down.  Everything is an effort when I feel this way and I have to make myself do things and keep going.  I took two of the Pugs for a walk this morning, the first time I have been out properly for a few days and it was lovely to get out in the sunshine.  I came back feeling drained but glad that I had been out.  To cheer myself up I picked the first of the sweet peas and some roses from the garden.


My apologies everyone as I am sure I will be back to 'normal' soon.  Thank you for all your lovely comments they are so appreciated and hello to all my lovely new followers.  Normal service will resume shortly I hope!! Have a lovely weekend.
Jo xx

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jo
    I've neglected blogging for a while and I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. Hope it turns to sunshine and flowers for you soon.
    warm wishes
    Lucyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jo,
    I am so sorry to hear that you suffer from anxiety and depression (something to which I can easily relate to ).
    And I am sorry about the loss of your Grandad. It doesn't matter how long ago we lose people, the hurt is still there :(
    I have been a poor blogger lately too, as I'm going through a bit of a patch myself. But you are doing all the right things in getting out and about and shaking off that 'Black Dog'!
    Just keep making yourself do things -'specially if they take you out and about...
    Sending you a big hug Jo..
    Take care,
    Donna xxOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big hug Jo, see you soon.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post about your grandad reminded me of mine, happy and sad memories. My brother and myself used to argue whos turn it was to sit by him at meals. Grandads are very special.

    I also think its good to share, lifes not all pink and fluffy. I hope you feel more your normal self soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh Jo, I am sorry you are feeling down, as a bipolar sufferer I know it can be so f*cking hard sometimes! If you ever want to meet half way for cuppa then let me know chick! Sending a big hug, and a great big crush of those great tits of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your depression, Jo - hope it passes soon. I fully empathise, as I too am a sufferer. I often feel that way totally irrationally - i.e. when things are going fine - it hits me out of the blue. Look after yourself. Getting out always helps - easy to say, I know. Abby XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. big hugs and grand bisous from France....come and visit and I`ll take you brocanting and fill you full of almond croissants! It looks like I am going to be going into hospital here next week to loose my gallstones.....I can make you a necklace with them !!!
    Thinking of you
    Shirley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come on Jo...after you have been to visit Shirley in France, jump in the Beast and visit me and Abby ( my Spotty Pony ) in Northumberland!
    Change of scenery is what you need.
    Julie x
    We don't do the Big Market in Newcastle though...too old for that x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Jo, I'm so sorry to read that you are not feeling too good. As one who has her own black dog I know how low you can feel.
    I'm sending you big hugs and much love. If there is anything I can do let me know.
    Take care.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jo! I've finally returned to the blogosphere. Your "Black Dog" visits me too from time to time, so I know how hard it can be sometimes. I've caught up on your posts that I missed. I empathise with you about your Granddad, I feel the same about my Nanna who died in 1965 when I was 9. Hope you're feeling better soon. SueXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie has come up with a good idea Jo, so all you need to do is get on the A1 and head north. I am sure that we can help get rid of that black dog.
    Abby xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope everything is brighter for you soon, Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello my lovely,
    firstly I wanted to thank you very much for speaking to Cotswold Vintage, I am now booked...you are such a sweetheart, thank you.
    I am sorry you are so low and everything such an effort. I hope it passes quickly and you are back to yourself again very quickly. If you fancy a natter, I am here anytime and I understand how you feel. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my lovely :o)

    Thankyou kindly for the message on my blog, I'm just popping in to ask if you're feeling any better?
    And keeping well too I hope?
    It was so good to hear from you, and know that your still getting about :o)

    You take care Jo
    Love Donna xxx and a BIG hug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending you a huge hug...dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jo

    Sorry to hear you have been plagued by the "black dog", as I am a little late in getting to this I am hoping that the cloud has lifted somewhat and you are feeling a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx