Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Friday 17 September 2010

The Shutters have arrived

At last after two months of waiting, our shutters have been installed today!!


For two months we have had very strange looks from passers by obviously wondering why we had no curtains!!  The couple who run the local village pub actually asked my neighbour if the cottage was a museum!!  


It did take a lot of soul searching for me to agree to shutters, I will be honest, for someone who adores fabric it was not an easy decision.  It was helped in part by my friend Liz Morris who has the most stunning property  filled with gorgeous French antiques and painted furniture to die for!  She has beautiful shutters in her home and we loved them when we saw them.  We really hoped we could pull off the look.


We had them painted in Lichen by F&B of course, I love their chalky pastel colours and I always think they suit period properties,


As you can see I have already set to work with the lavender hearts, sorry, couldn't help myself!!  Any handles or knobs (so to speak) are not safe!! 


 Hope you like the shutters, we are really thrilled with them, it was a gamble for me personally but I am so pleased we decided against covering up the original windows with curtains.  Have a great weekend everyone.
Jo xx

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE them and the colour is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shutters and using F & B paint is just the job!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, they are fabulous and fit so perfectly....no wonder you are thrilled. I approve of the colour too...good choice!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the shutters are beautiful, perfect colour choice too.
    Tamzin X

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really beautiful and give the rooms a lot of charm helped by all your really beautiful furniture and personnal goodies ;-)) You have a very beautiful home. I bet you look at them for hours ;-)) enjoy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well worth the wait, very stylish :)Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - I stumbled across your blog this evening and love it.. and was amazed by the coincidences of your jobs and your secret wish to be a funeral director! I have had similar employment to you but also once was a funeral director too. lol... Have you ever watched Six Feet Under??? An all time favourite of mine.. although I wish funeral directing was a little more like the show to be honest! Have a great weekend! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful Jo - great choice!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx