Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Thursday 15 March 2012

Cushions & Quilt Pieces

I have suddenly been motivated to do some sewing in readiness for the Spring fairs coming up soon, must be the sunshine.  I had a bad start to the week after doing some gardening on Sunday and getting bitten! My right foot swelled like a balloon and the rest is possibly best left unsaid for those of you with a nervous disposition...it wasn't pleasant to say the least.  It is much better now but Andy will delight in telling you I am the worst patient ever.

I am absolutely delighted (if I might say so myself) with these two vintage Tricolour cushions I have just finished making.  I purchased a length of vintage podium bunting many moons ago and had stashed it away in readiness for a project.  I was suddenly inspired to make two Tricolour cushions, they are fully lined and filled with one of my home made feather pads.  I have a massive bale of feathers in the garage so I can make pads of all shapes and sizes.  I have finished them with some vintage linen covered buttons down the side.

I have also been busy cutting up the quilts I purchased from Manchester in readiness for the fairs.  They are all shapes and sizes and patterns but just perfect for small or large projects.  A couple of the quilts I did buy to chop have been spared as they are too good (maybe a little shabby) to cut up for pieces.  I'm off to feed the Pugs and then get back to the sewing machine before my rediscovered motivation deserts me.  Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.
Jo xx
PS A big hello to all my new followers xx

8 comments:

  1. Those cushions look fab and I had a look at the 2nd photo enlarged. Wow, what a picture of allsorts of beauties!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, those cushions are lovely. Sorry to hear about your foot hope it heals up quickly for you. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gosh Jo, what bit you? Sounds nasty! I hope your foot is much better.

    The cushions are lovely. I hope you do well at the fair, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps, your bathroom is gorgeous! No wonder you fell in love with the bath, I have never seen a canopy bath like that before. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cushions Jo and they look really good with your uniforms and flags in the background.
    I think I need to swop the paintbrush for the sewing machine soon as I am accumulating fabric big time. Need to make some more cushions... so if you can pop up with your sewing machine and bag of feathers, I would be delighted to see you!
    Julie x
    Hope your "elephant" foot is subsiding...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see some of these wonderful treasures of yours Jo at the Spring Fairs...

    Happy Sewing and Happy Weekend!
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see some of these wonderful treasures of yours Jo at the Spring Fairs...

    Happy Sewing and Happy Weekend!
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry to hear you were in the wars Jo, still putting your feet up is no bad thing....especially if you manage to get the creative muse whilst resting.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx