Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Monday 31 May 2010

More vintage Flags



I've been at it again!!  The lovely man at our local car boot sale who I bought my two previous vintage flags from contacted me about  a week ago and said that he had some more from a house clearance that he had done - so very excitedly Hubby and I trundled off yesterday with PJ in tow and went to see him.  Well!!  I almost had a cardiac when I saw them - five of them in total for what was a fantastic price.
There are two large Union Jacks on poles, a massive one on a three metre pole with finial, a Royal Standard flag and a lovely Coronation flag of Edward the seventh and Queen Alexandra from 1901- this one we are going to have framed and will hang it in the lounge once our building work is over (only a week to go before it starts - hopefully!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! is all I can say! What a stroke of luck!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done there!! It was meant to be!
    Have a lovely week!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great buy! I bought a flag yesterday too, it was a 1953 Queen's Coronation.
    Smaller than your beauties, but no doubt it will transform into a great cushion...
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx