Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Sunday 16 May 2010

Thrifty finds
















Have been to the local car boot once again, and found loads of naughties again, the 30's tea cosy lady came from one of my fellow stall holders in Stamford yesterday so I won't be parting with her, but everything else came from the car boot. Andy and I were up early (but not too early) and took two of our Pugs, PJ and The Fonz and trawled round our local car boot. I found some lovely bits for my stall next week in Leamington Spa. My best buy has to be the two vintage Union Jack flags, one of them has the original paper from July 1938 still wrapped around it! The man we bought them from had found it like this when he did a house clearance - the stuff of dreams!! I am having yet another dilemma as I can't part with them just yet! Hope you all had a great weekend xx.

2 comments:

  1. Those flags are an amazing find, you must have been so excited. I spotted the tea cosy too but had to draw the line somewhere. We live not far from Leamington and sometimes go there shopping so we may go over the next week and have a look at the vintage far.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely finds certainly worth getting up early on a sunday morning

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx