Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Monday 15 February 2010

Dining room


Here is one of the original cast iron ranges that survived from the cottage. Our house was originally two cottages, but joined in the 1980's. The couple who renovated them managed to save this range, but unfortunately the other disintegrated. Excuse the b****y awful decor but that is going this year along with the hideous carpets. Although the cottage was a homage to the 80's when we bought it the couple who had renovated it had saved all the period features including the original sash windows. The only thing that could not be saved was the original wooden floor which was so damaged it was beyond repair, we are going to reinstate oak flooring when we have the downstairs re done this year. On the fire place is part of my much prized collection of Sir Winston Churchill memorabilia, I absolutely adore him, this country needs him now!!
The other picture is of our 18th century court cupboard, and 19th century Gothic sanctuary lamp as well as assorted reminders of the 21st century (my husbands work lap top!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx