Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Tuesday 9 February 2010

Solomon and Donald

Whilst I was taking my piccies this evening I thought I'd better include Solomon my beloved 24" Steiff Bear who is a whopping 102 years old. He was a present from my gorgeous husband in 2004 when I graduated with an Honours Degree. We travelled all the way to Sussex to pick him up and he came from a lovely lady called Hazel who deals in Old and Antique Bears from her website called 'Old bear scene'. He was a fantastic gift and I will never part with him, as he means so much to me. He is usually kept in a cabinet with my other vintage bears, but is occasionally allowed out to sit on our bed. His companion is Donald McDougal a smaller Steiff bear from 1910 who belonged to a Scottish family. Don't they make a lovely pair?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx