Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Tuesday 9 February 2010

Homespun Easter Bunting

I have just returned from Devon where we celebrated my Nans 90th Birthday. It was a lovely day and wonderful to see members of my family that I don't get to see very often as they are scattered across the country. It really was a perfect day, and my Nan was rather overwhelmed by all the attention. Whilst I was in Devon I managed to sneak in some shopping for vintage goodies. I always make a bee line for Ashburton and Totnes where I am always assured of success!! My friend, Ros, runs a wonderful shop called 'The Snug'. It is a veritable treasure trove full of eiderdowns, vintage linens and fabrics, vintage costume, jewellery, china, the list is endless!! I can recommend a visit if ever you are in South Devon, and you will receive the warmest of welcomes from her, she really is a lovely person. The shop is to die for, and there are vintage naughties to suit all pockets. When I can work out how to get the piccies from my sons computer I will post some on my blog for you all to see just how wonderful the shop is.
I have been busy making since my return, and the above picture is of some Spring/Easter bunting made from a damaged vintage tablecloth, very simple to make and very quick and easy. I have also made a couple of cushions and lavender filled embroidered pillows to sell at my first vintage fair on the 7th March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx